Monday, January 30, 2006

 

Experiemental Blog

Well, here is my experimental news blog - coverage of news about Singapore (both print and electronic). Right off I have to say that I'm doubtful about being able to sustain this blog for more than a few weeks but I won't know till I try! Right?

First news: there is no Straits Times published today because of the Chinese New Year (CNY), only the New Paper. Yesterday the New Paper wasn't published.

Of yesterday's Straits Times (Sun 29th), the news that caught my attention are both about food (what else): a guide to eateries that open during CNY on page 25 of the Lifestyle section; and a two page article about rowdy Africans in Serangoon. Must go visit CLE African Restaurant on Sam Leong Rd near Mustafa's for a look see. Maybe try plantains (I've never tried it before).

Oh, if anyone would like to try doing the 华报 or Berita Melayu, please let me know.

Comments:
Hello,your English sucks... "the news that caught my attention are both about food .." News is singular. You meant "news items"?
 
I checked the venerable OED. News is both singular and plural. It would probably read better as "news items" but I don't think the sentence violates any grammar rules.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?